Software consulting for busy nonprofits.
Focus on what matters to you, we’ll handle the database—and help you get the most from it.
Software should help.
Too many nonprofits needlessly struggle with their software. Your software should be easy to use and help you do better work with less effort. But setting up and administering a database is tough. That’s why we’re here.
Get results from your software.
We offer products and services that make your software easier to use and more capable. Our clients are tired of wasting time, money, and energy on software tools that aren’t working, so they partner with us to save time, streamline tasks, and gain insight from their software systems.
Professional services to do the heavy lifting.
We are your database Sidekick (consultant), specializing in Social Solutions Apricot™ software and Blackbaud® eTapestry®. We help new and existing users make the most of their software with a range of professional services for implementation, reporting, consulting, data migration, database audit/cleanup, and integrations.
Owner & Consultant — Port Angeles, WA
Most organizations I talk with about their software say the same thing. They aren’t getting all they need. They are paying for great software, but the return just isn’t what they expected. We started our team to help organizations turn their software into productivity tools. Our goal at Sidekick Solutions is to offer reliable, personalized software services from experts you can trust.
Consultant — Seattle, WA
As a former development associate, I know what it’s like to feel like you never have enough time to actually work on the software improvements you want: your database is just one of the many hats you wear. As a Sidekick, it’s my role to help you make those projects happen so you can have a system that truly works for you, not the other way around.
We’re a small team helping nonprofit organizations get the most from their software. We value service, attention to detail, a willingness to learn, and a focus on producing results and solutions for our clients. Our remote team and flexible work schedule are great for self-starters that take pride in their work. We support opportunities for professional development and growth, and offer an open culture for you to share your ideas and contribute to the team.
We don't have any option positions, but you can learn more about our entry-level Consultant position below. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our team. If you're interested in joining our team, let us know why you're interested and how you might contribute to our team.
Consultant - Remote
Consultant - Remote
Company: Sidekick Solutions
Job Title: Consultant
Employment Status: Full Time or Part Time
Who is Sidekick Solutions?
Sidekick Solutions is an independent software consulting firm, specializing in Blackbaud® eTapestry® donor management software and Social Solutions Apricot™ case management software. We help nonprofit organizations set up, streamline, and make the most of their software with a range of professional services for implementation, reporting, consulting, data migration, system integration, and database audit/cleanup. We believe software can help our clients do better work with less effort, so we offer products and services that make our client’s software systems easier to use and more capable.
Job Description / Responsibilities
We are seeking a motivated individual and willing learner to help our team manage and deliver client projects. This position designs and executes projects based on a defined scope of work and is responsible for client satisfaction, project goals, and project budgets. The role is a mixture of project manager, solutions specialist, systems analyst/designer, and database administrator. The ideal candidate has the soft skills to organize projects and engage clients with a high level of customer service along with the ability to complete the technical work required in a project’s deliverables—including imports, report development, database builds, and more. The ideal candidate is also curious about how things work and is able to think through and design solutions based on complex assumptions or conditions. This position also works on marketing, sales, and business development along with other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Database experience required, experience with Apricot™ or eTapestry® preferred
- Proficiency in Excel required with emphasis on large data file manipulation and reporting
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with aptitude for customer service
- Strong project management and organizational skills; prior project experience preferred
- Independently motivated to get work done with high standards and an attention to detail
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Work from home or co-working office (remote), wherever is best for you
- Frequent 1-on-1 engagements with clients via email, phone, and virtual meeting
- Flexible work schedule with responsibility for monthly production-based goals
- Reports to owner of company and collaborates frequently with other team members
- Project ownership with autonomy to make decisions within company principles
- Access to team members via chat and video, plus weekly team meetings
- May require some client and team-related travel
Compensation / Benefits
- Compensation dependent on experience and employment status
- Starting salary $52,200-$60,400 (part time is proportional to work schedule)
- Performance-based bonuses and clear promotion track
- Reimbursement for your technology and office costs
- Company-sponsored professional development and training
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.Download PDF